< See all articles
……Through Lessons from My Dad
“Today is my dad’s 87th birthday and I am reflecting on the many lessons taught by this fearless, wise man – Richard Darragh. Several that I paraphrase here and carry forward help me show up as my best self as often as possible.
- Always look your best so you feel your best and do your best.
- Look for the best in others.
- Never settle – particularly when it comes to your own health and well-being.
- Have your criteria for “yes” so that you know when to say no.
- When you say no….always have some alternatives ready for the person asking.
- No “dead fish” handshakes.
- Make eye contact.
- Stand confident in the knowing that you are enough.
- Focus on being of service versus being served.
- Love one another. Thanks Dad.